Gomez Tomiczek Law Firm

+ 5073753440

Talk to Our Experts

Free Consultation

Business Phone

Retire in Panama

Jubilado Pensionado Visa

Pensioners and retirees who receive a monthly pension or annuity from a state or private institution or company can apply for a permanent residence permit in Panama under the "Jubildado Pensionado” visa program. 

The main requirement to qualify for this visa program is the proof of a lifelong pension of at least US$1,000 (US$1,250 for a married couple) a month. 

If the applicant buys real estate in his name in Panama with a cadastral value exceeding US$100,000, the required monthly pension is reduced to US$750 (US$1,000 for a married couple) a month. 

In case of a married couple where both partners receive a monthly pension, the joint monthly income can be used. In this case, the necessary proof and documents must be provided for both pensioners. 

There is NO legal minimum or maximum age to qualify for this migration program.

The pension does not necessarily have to be paid out by a state institution. To qualify for the "Jubilado Pensionado" program, the applicant may also submit a private pension plan, paid out by a bank, an insurance company or similar institution. However, the private company must be specialized in the payment and administration of pension funds, a private company pension will not be accepted by the National Migration Service of Panama. 

Panama offers one of the best discount programs for retirees worldwide: This includes discounts in restaurants, hotels, theaters, cinemas, airline tickets, medical services and much more.

    Leave a Message Here

    Get Ready for. All Help You Need In One Place.

     Gomez Tomiczek Law Firm

    "We spent a lot of time looking for professionals who work with German / American standards in Panama. It was difficult, but I found them! and I am very happy! Thanks a lot! In one word I can say that Gomez Tomiczek is: pragmatic and Perfect."

    Gomez Tomiczek Law Firm service united-states-of-america

    U.B. & C.

    Property transaction & Residency

    Required Documents: What Do I Need to Organize?


    Passport: check validity (minimum one year)

    For German Citizens using the “old” format with your maiden name (GEB. Musterfrau) we recommend to get a new passport. If your academic title shows in the passport (Austria/ Germany) try to obtain a new passport without the academic title. The name stated in your passport will be used (in the respective order!) for all documents issued by the National Immigration Service of Panama for example Max Dr. Mustermann or Sabine Meier GEB. Musterfrau etc.


    Criminal Background Check

    Issued by the competent authority in the country of origin or permanent residence: For any residency application, the Panamanian National Migration Service requires an authenticated Criminal History Report issued by a “federal”, “central”, or “national” police force or criminal investigation authority.

    ◙ Observe VALIDITY: NOT older than SIX (6) months (date of issuance).
    ◙ If the applicant leaves Panama, the certificate looses its validity automatically.
    ◙ Must have an APOSTILLE.


    Retirement or Pension Letter

    For example Letter from Social Security, or updated Rentenbezugsbescheinigung etc.

    ◙ If you use your combined income as a married couple BOTH applicants must present this document.
    ◙ Additional documents must be submitted if you receive a PRIVATE pension.
    ◙ Observe VALIDITY: NOT older than SIX (6) months (date of issuance).
    ◙ Must have an APOSTILLE.


    Five (5) passport-sized photos

    Must be in color, on pure white background, photo paper, all photos must be the same (EU Standard)


    Certificate of Good Health

    ◙ This must be done in Panama, the process is relatively uncomplicated.
    ◙ The certificate is valid for three (3) months.

    Additional Documents

    ONLY necessary when applying as a MARRIED COUPLE


    Marriage Certificate

    ◙ Observe VALIDITY: NOT older than SIX (6) months (date of issuance).
    ◙ Usually you must apply for an UPDATED Extract from the Marriage Register.
    ◙ Must have an APOSTILLE.
    ◙ BIRTH CERTIFICATE: It is NOT necessary to present your birth certificate unless MINOR CHILDREN are included in the application.


    Proof of Domicile in Panama

    ◙ Electricity bill and (notarized) lease. Rental period at least one (1) year.
    ◙ Extract from the Land Register (if you already own real estate in Panama).


    Declaration of Liability

    This document will be prepared by our firm. The signature must be notarized by a Public Notary in Panama.

    Which Documents Will Be Organized by Your Firm?



    Application form with personal information. This form will be provided by our firm.


    Power of Attorney and Formal Application

    To apply for a residence permit in Panama, a licensed attorney must sign the application.


    Currency Conversion

    ◙ Required ONLY if the amount on the retirement or pension letter is NOT stated in US dollars
    ◙ Formal certificate issued by the Banco Nacional de Panamá, valid for thirty (30) days only.



    Forwarding of documents to an authorized translator in Panama.